Turmeric is a wonderful spice but there are more ways than one to utilize this vibrant orange root! My most recent way is this Turmeric Undereye DIY cream. This wonderful DIY contains only four ingredients and is a cinch to make in less than half an hour.
Why use turmeric in an undereye cream?
The orange color of the turmeric gently color corrects dark, purplish circles under the eyes. It is full of natural antioxidants. Turmeric is also helps aid your body against inflammation. Your skin is your largest organ and using the benefits of turmeric topically can only aid it!
Why use Vitamin E oil for eyebags?
Vitamin E oil will keep your skin hydrated. It’s full of antioxidants that help fight free radicals that cause skin damage and wear. It can prevent against wrinkles and create a smoother complexion. Put those pesky eyebags away with Vitamin E oil!
* These creams set in the freezer. They will melt at warm temperatures so you can keep in fridge to prevent melting (especially in warmer climates). Plus, the coolness from the fridge will strengthen the power of this cream! Coldness can help offset puffiness under the eyes.
Why use shea butter on your face and under eyes?
Shea butter can help smooth out existing wrinkles and prevent future wrinkles. Shea butter is a rich course of Vitamin A and essential fatty acids. Shea Butter also has a naturally occurring SPF of 5-6. Not a lot in the grand scheme of things but every bit counts, right? In this recipe, shea butter also helps keep the cream thick. Not all shea butters are created equal – I’m loving Anthony’s Goods Organic Shea Butter.
Where do I buy powdered turmeric?
The first tip is to always buy organic! My go-to powdered turmeric is from Anthony’s Goods. It’s powdered nice and fine. It doesn’t have the gritty texture I often find in other brands. You can find it in a lot of natural food stores and here on amazon.
Anthony’s Goods sent me a couple goodies to try and share! I’m super pleased with the shea butter as well. It smells lovely and it looks the perfect color.
Turmeric Undereye Cream DIY
- 1/4 cup organic shea butter
- 1 TB vitamin E oil
- 1 TB jojoba oil (or sweet almond)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Melt all ingredients in small saucepan (I use a metal heat-proof measuring cup).
- Stir then pour into tins or large chapstick-like tubes for easy application.
- Freeze for 20-30 minutes or until set/solid.
- Dab a little on skin under the eye. Enjoy!
You can win a 1 oz tin of turmeric undereye cream and a turmeric-dyed scarf (this DIY will be on the blog in a couple days)! Go follow my instagram and facebook account @apothecarymary for the details!